Enter a search term
About Your Council
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your web browser on your computer when you use a website. Cookies are used to provide customised content, access to the full functionality of the website and information on the use of the website. By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your computer.
that turning off cookies may limit your use of our website and the services provided.
personal data is stored in cookies. Cookies are only used to store login/session information.
What cookies do we use?
Types of cookies
We use only 'Session Cookies', which expire once you close your web browser, not 'Persistent Cookies', which stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them - examples of both are below:
- where you login to a website and it remembers that you are logged in as you navigate the website. When you close the browser the cookie is deleted, as a result when visiting the website again you would need to log in again.
- if you were prompted to take part in a website survey and you completed the survey a persistent cookie would be stored on your computer to record that you have completed that survey. This would prevent you being prompted with the survey each time you visited the website.
The three cookies used in this application are:
- This is used to store a reference number against a user to determine if they are logged in or not.
- This is used to store specific information about the particular session in progress.
- This is used to determine password expiry within the system.
A - Z Services